Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

I can't begin to express how much I love fall! Everything from the leaves changing, sweaters and the first fire in the fireplace to the family gatherings and pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, this season is by far my favorite :). Needless to say, when it came time to take Cora to the pumpkin patch for the very first time, I was ecstatic at the very least. I am a big holiday person, so I had to put Cora in the perfect Halloween attire complete with a bow on her head (actually, her very first one!) We decided to head out to Rombach Farms, my childhood pumpkin patch. I still can't believe how much it changes year to year...now they have a haunted tunnel! It was a perfect, crisp evening without the crowds of the weekend, which was awesome and allowed us to take lots of pictures of Cora without having to move out of the way for other families (taking photos of a baby can require lots of shots ;)) We picked out a family of pumpkins...a daddy, a mommy, 2 brothers and a baby one! Oh, and lots of little gourds for inside the house. This will soon become one of my favorite family traditions! Enjoy some of the best photos from the evening, but stay tuned to see how the carving of 5 pumpkins turns out!
Sweet Girl
Family Photo
Such a tiny pea among the pumpkins
Picking out the "daddy" pumpkin
mmm...tasty pumpkin :)

1 comment:

Dunhams said...

She looks so cute in her bow!!! Isn't it fun when they can start wearing them?! :) It looks like you guys had a great day at the pumpkin patch...we're going tomorrow and I'm SOOOO excited!