Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A BIG Weekend


As I sat rocking my sweet baby to sleep this evening, I realized just how big she has become. My tiny newborn has been replaced with a curious 6 month old (who just happens to be in 9 month clothing) :). I have to be honest, as I thought about this blog, I became a little teary. (I know, I know...being a mom has made me even more sentimental) We just had such a "big" weekend and I don't think I was mentally prepared for all the "firsts" we have had lately. It seems as though everything is happening at once! Two teeth came in, she is working on crawling, she knows to bang her toys together to make noise (beautiful noise), she started making the sound "la", using her tongue to make spitting sounds, smiling for the camera and now the biggest one of all (you'll have to see at the bottom). Okay - enough of the emotional moment and onto our "Big" blog!

This weekend was Cora's first half birthday! I can't believe it has already been half a year since she entered this world. That alone would have made this weekend big enough, but as you read through the blog you will find what momentous event topped the "big" list. Since Jason, grandma and grandpa were out of town, we spent the weekend with Cora's aunt Maddie. We had a blast going to Maddie's volleyball game on Friday and spending every waking moment showing her how badly Cora wants to crawl (she actually moved both knees today before face planting, so I think the crawling will be any day now). On Saturday we went to Babies R Us to by some important "big" girl stuff. The list included: Rice cereal (organic of course), cute bowls for her to eat out of, baby food trays (that's right, I plan to make some of my own), 12 month clothes, bigger shoes and now that she is mobile, some much needed baby proofing supplies. Sunday we went to church and headed to the Wallich's for a play date with our "big" friends, Rosie (3) and Jilli (1). Cora and Jilli played so well together and she really held her own with the big girls. Thank you Melissa for having us over! Here are a few photos from this weekend...(don't forget to scroll down and read the second part of the blog for Cora's biggest moment!)

Cora and Aunt Maddie before her volleyball game
Cora and Rosie
Getting acquainted
Jilli and Cora playing
aww sweet hugs
Ok....the "big" event (at least I consider it big - she only turned 6 months yesterday). Tonight, I sat Cora in her crib to play while I got her bath started. This is usually no cause for concern, but when I walked in the room and saw Cora, I knew we had reached a major milestone. Jason was just talking about how we needed to lower her mattress this week just in case she started crawling. Well, I don't think the crawling is going to be the issue anymore....
Getting in position

Ta Da!!!!!

And one sweet pic to end the weekend

1 comment: