Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

6 Month Check Up & Fun With Rice Cereal


(her favorite activity...spitting raspberries)


Today was Cora's 6 month well baby check up. Dr. Norton was very pleased with how Cora is growing! She happily commented about Cora's "chunky" thighs and how big she is getting. We talked about Cora's desire to be mobile and she agreed that Cora seems to think she is older than 6 months :), but we have to get serious about the baby proofing. (as a side note on the baby proofing - I caught Cora taking her band aids off her legs and trying to eat them...sigh, I am so not prepared) We got the go ahead on rice cereal, water in a sippy and after 2 weeks we can start trying other new foods. Cora is just such a wiggle worm; we had to do the entire appointment with her sitting on daddy's lap. The only downside to the check up were the shots...3 vaccine shots, 1 flu shot and 1 oral vaccine. Needless to say, my lil' punkin was not thrilled with the nurse. Here are Cora's 6 month stats:



Height 27.5 inches (96%)


Weight 16lbs 1oz (54%)


Head Circ 42 (45%)





Tonight we decided to give Cora her first "meal"! I think Jason was hoping for spaghetti and meatballs, but right now we will have to stick with rice cereal. I thought we would have a huge mess, but boy was I wrong. Cora opened her mouth like a little bird after the first initial spoonful and by the end she was trying to put the spoon in her mouth on her own. I guess she is definitely ready to eat off a spoon. She actually was sucking on the clean spoon, banging it on the high chair and squealing when all the cereal had been consumed...I think she wanted more :). Here are some photos from the big event (I took a video, but apparently it is too large to upload and has to be edited...once that is done, I will upload it to the blog).

will ya feed me already?!



hhmmm very interesting...


Hey...this is pretty good!

1 comment:

Dunhams said...

She's getting so big already! It goes by too fast! That sounds exactly like Madeline's first experience with cereal...she thought it was the best!