Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Cora Bean! (I know, I am way behind!)

I can't believe a whole year has gone by! April 11, 2008 enriched my life beyond words the moment the doctor announced we had a little girl. Cora Genevieve, Cora Gen, Cora Bean, sassy pants or peanutty - whatever you would like to call her, has rocked my world for the past year, and I look forward to watching her grow into a young lady. Yes, I know that between her daddy and big brothers she will have lots of rambunctious moments, but I can tell in the way she loves her babies and daintily picks up her food, she will be a sweet little girl. I had high hopes of doing all kinds of first birthday blogging, but our week was beyond crazy. So, I am nixing all the birth story and sentimental posts, and jumping right into the big day. Cora's party was absolutely fantastic! We are so grateful for such wonderful family and friends - near and far. She was blessed with so many thoughtful gifts, and will have plenty to keep her entertained for a very long time. I was shocked she did so well! No nap from 7a until 4p usually makes for a cranky Cora, but she must have known it was her day and turned the charm on the moment people walked in the door. Thank you to everyone who shared in Cora's special day, whether in person or spirit, we are grateful to have you in our life.

sans the tutu - such a bean pole
checking out Clive
sharing grass

Cora with Dani, Aunt Maddie & Natalie
Cowgirl Cow Print Cake
Cora hugging Miss Lily
Taylor showing ladybug a new present
Cora was more interested in her baby than presents
Ah...the stroller - we take the stroller everywhere
Had to have the baby in the high chair for cake
mmm...and yes, baby enjoyed icing too
Mommy & the birthday girl
Cora and great grandma Cora


Baby and Moo Cow - her new favorites

A new ball! (she loves to throw balls)


1 comment:

Dunhams said...

So fun! It looks like she made a hall and had a great day!! Sad we missed it! Happy birthday, Miss Cora!