Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally!

I finally feel like blogging now that all 3 of us are over the nasty stomach flu! I don't even know where to begin...I will have to play catch up with all that has been going on! I will keep some of it short, as I know everyone is more anxious to see pics of ladybug.


Thanksgiving week was absolutely wonderful! We flew out to Denver to spend some time with Jason's family, most of whom had never met Cora in person. Tuesday we spent the day with Cora's great grandmother in Eads, a very small (maybe 500 people), but fantastic town 2 hours south of Denver. Her house was filled with everything that a curious baby would love...porcelain figurines, vintage records, unprotected outlets and so much more, but oh how Cora enjoyed herself :). She loved her great grandma smokey and I am pretty sure grandma was smitten with her too! Wednesday we picked up the boys and enjoyed some bummin time around Denver and relaxation at the hotel before turkey day. Thanksgiving was fantastic! We had a nice breakfast and headed into the foothills of the mountains to take our Christmas picture. Afterward, we headed to aunt Renee's for a wealth of yummy food, some football and genuinely wonderful family time. Cora had sweet potatoes, but that is about all the wiggle worm would sit still for without a high chair. Friday we loaded up 2 kids, 2 nephews, a niece, Jason and myself and headed into the mountains for some skiing. Jason and I took turns watching Cora so we could both ski a little bit. Cora is such a mover and shaker that I think I was more worn out from carrying her in my ski boots than actually skiing :). She really enjoyed the snow, but pulling the games out of the cabinet in our condo was a much more entertaining game...trouble to the max! All in all it was a fantastic trip (aside from the plane..ha!) and we can't wait to go back!


Riding the tram at the airport

Big bubba Tyler
Cora and her mommySnow bunny
So cute in her ski bibs :)
Getting into the game cabinet

She will be skiing soon enough!

Help!
4 generations
Cora and Great Grandma
A little holiday football
Hmmm....where can I get into trouble....
Cousin Paige
Aunt Gina, cousin Becca, cousin Page & Cora
Cora & Daddy
Loungin before dinner
My fave photo!

2 comments:

Dunhams said...

Great pictures! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I LOVE her snowsuit...she couldn't be any cuter!!

Heather said...

The pic of Cora with the boys is outstanding! What a wonderful trip you all had. Glad you're all feeling better!